Sunday, January 5, 2014

So, this morning I went outside to load up some things into the truck, and spent 10 or so minutes scraping the ice off the windows.  And I realized, that I had forgotten to put on gloves.  As my hands started to get colder and colder, not numb, just really really cold, I trudged inside for a warm cup of coffee, and to find my gloves.  I was struck by an idea, that I just had to write out.

Outside here in the Great Pacific NW, it was 30 - 32 degrees this morning, Chilly, Cold, Icy...for here.   And then I realized  that the San Francisco 49er's were going to be playing the Green Bay Packers, in Wisconsin where it will be according to all reports -5 degrees or so, with a wind chill making it feel like -32 degrees!  That is a 60 degree difference from where I was this morning!

Now here when we have a 60 degree difference, it would by 90 degrees outside and I would be trading the long johns and gloves for shorts and Hawaiian shirt, with a cool drink in my hand somewhere by a fan!

So 60 degrees the other way! WOW, Everyday living would be a chore in that type of weather, Get bundled up, get out, get the job done, get back in, unlayer, warm up and try not to repeat too much.
I can't imagine being pounded by 250+ lb athletes in hard plastic and carbon fiber helmets smashing into me in that type of weather.  Heck just scraping the windows forced me indoors for gloves...and some of these players will play in short sleves no less.

Guess this just means that:
1. I'm way to sane to do this type of thing
2. I am simply not tough enough to play in the NFL

My guess, it's a combination of the two.  Either way, it's compelling TV, and here's hoping nobody has to get treated for Frostbite at halftime.

No comments:

Post a Comment