Saturday, January 18, 2014

It's got to be the day....

It's got to be the day.

While not bad, for here meaning Wind Gusts and sideways rain. Nor is it good, meaning Sun high in the sky with a few wispy clouds floating by.  No, it's just meh as my daughter says.

I got up early, and while I felt blah, I made it to the gym, and pushed to get through it.  Came home, had some coffee, ate, and sill felt blah.

It's got to be the day....I mean, I don't want to get sick.  Hoping it's not some nasty little virus making me feel this way.  I try to live naturally, not taking much in the way of supplements, medicine or even vitamins.  I know what to eat, and as I grow much of what I eat, know it to be healthy and whole.  No, it's got to be the day.

Or could it be something?  I mean, I've only been going to this gym for about a month now, I like the way I feel usually, the endorphins are a pleasant surprise after all these years.  I know I'm doing something for me.  Not for my family, friends, job, government etc.  It starts and stops with me.  But I'm not the only one there.  Could I have caught something from a set of weights, the rowing machine, the treadmill, the cycles??? I wash up well, and make sure I wipe everything down...doesn't everyone???

Okay, now I'm thinking vitamins....yes vitamins.  Vitamin C, Echinacea and some other things I found in old home remedies....

Slow down, slow down.  Okay.  It's easy to spin out of control.  Let paranoia slip in, and go off crazy like and do things for no other reason than "it seemed like a good idea at the time"

I know i'm getting Vitamin C.  I get many of the home remedies in other ways, I mean the only thing I don't get is the Echinacea.  So let's go with H2O good old water.  Lots of it.

Water flushes us out. Fills us up.  Satiates us, carries out the bad (and sometimes the good) but in the end, we need it to survive.  I remember growing up with the mantra "drink 8 glasses of water a day". Really.  I'm a big guy.  Not Sumo Big, not NBA big, not NFL big, but average joe big.  So 8 glasses of water for me, and 8 glasses of water for my not so big Aunt, who is almost half my height, and is half my weight.  Tell me again how this all works out evenly.  I think not.  I read something somewhere that made a whole lot more sense, it goes like this:

Take your body weight for the sake of argument 245lbs, divide that in half  so 122.5, and that is the number of ounces to drink per day.  So 8 ounces is a cup, most glasses are 10 - 12 ounces so even saying 12 ounce glasses is almost 9 1/2 glasses of H2O.  So for each individual it's different.

I'm on my way to my 122.5 ounces, and we'll see if that helps.  Keep up with healthy eating, drink water, rest....and if none of that works, well, then it's got to be the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment